Portland, Oregon-based artist AJ Fosik (previously featured here) has created an awesome new series of dynamic and vibrant wooden sculptures. Each ferociously striking piece is made using locally sourced lumber from Oregon that is painstakingly carved, painted, and assembled.
"The interpretive works are featured as both eye-popping wall mounts and stand-alone sculptures. There is also a piece in the exhibit that is a 30-sided geometrical shape made of thirty different, diamond-shaped sculptural panels."
Visit the gallery website to view the rest of this stunning exhibition.
[via My Modern Metropolis]
looks a lot like these guys
Photographs by Thom Sheridan
In 1986, the United Way attempted to break the world record for balloon launches, by releasing 1.5 million balloons, which resulted in two deaths, millions in lawsuits, and a devastating environmental impact.
Who got murked by a balloonThis has more info on it. Pretty fascinating:http://www.viralnova.com/balloon-release-cleveland/
ITS TIME FOR THE ANNUAL OMOCAT CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY!!
many good things have happened, OMOCAT has grown so much, and my life is forever changed :>
here’s a little thank you to all my followers and supporters!
1) FIRST PRIZE: 1 OMOCAT APPAREL in the size of your choice (while supplies last) new items that may be released this following week are also eligible for the prize
1) reblog the entire post to enter the giveaway! likes do not count gomen ~_~
2) EDIT: you may only reblog once! multiple reblogs apparently don’t work anymore because tumblr’s new system only shows the most recent reblog. also, no giveaway-only blogs! i’ll be checking >:(
3) i will be choosing 3 winners randomly. i will painstakingly copy-paste each blog name in a random generator, and have the generator pick the winners for me
4) the winner will be chosen this weekend on the midnight of DECEMBER 16th. i will be sending out asks to let you know if you’ve won so please make sure your ask is open! if you do not reply within 24 hrs, i will have to choose another winner!!
5) i will provide free shipping! (yes, even international)
good luck!! once again, thank you all and happy holidays!!!!!
Updated with Chicago information!
Click beneath the cut for ticket information on Kyary’s NA concerts!
No information for Chicago yet for some reason.Also, please note the pre-sale times for the concerts that have pre-sale tickets available.
Let me know if I missed or got anything wrong!
i will probably buy tickets to the seattle show.
Red sprites are optical phenomena which occur above active thunderstorms. It seems that they are correlated with positive cloud-to-ground (CG) lightning discharge (only 10 % of all lightnings are positive CG, the majority are negative ones). Red sprites appear very high above thunderstorms in altitudes from about 30 to 90 km. The brightest part of a red sprite is typically located between 50 and 75 km above the ground and its duration is only a few milliseconds. The red color is mainly caused by the excitation of molecular nitrogen. There are several theories explaining the red sprites however the phenomenon is not fully understood yet.
The intense red sprite on the photos was very near to the observer (about 130 km). It is not easy to see this short (several ms) and subtle phenomenon with eyes. Pavel Štarha reported that several sprites were well visible including its red color, this enabled correct setting of the camera field of view.
The images are the result of rather complicated and time consuming processing aimed on removing the background caused by light pollution, precise color calibration, careful filtration of color noise and preserving the sky background with stars.
Photo by Pavel Štarha and Miloslav Druckmüller, text by Miloslav Druckmüller.
thunder storms just got a billion times cooler
Books & Conditions:
- After Dark
- Sputnik Sweetheart
- Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
All three books are completely new and they have never been read. The reason why I’m giving them away is because they are duplicates.
- Reblog as much as you want and likes are counted too.
- You must be following me.
- I’ll ship internationally.
- The winner will be chosen by random.
- The giveaway ends on September 1st.
- If you have any more questions, please ask!